Planning your content to generate traffic by changing up your approach
Traffic generation is a strategy to utilize before you write your content. You shape your content around the principles of traffic generation.
Here are some key aspects to consider when developing your content.:
If you decide to write about a topic that lacks any popular interest or is so obscure that it will only interest a very small body of readers, you’re going to struggle to get traffic, no matter how good your content is.
So how can you find great topics to write about?
Here are a number of tools that will help you here, for example:
• Google Trends – This will show you a detailed graph of how interest has increased/decreased over time. This is a free service and is very effective.
• BuzzSumo – This tool will show you which topics are generating the most social shares but this is not a free service. They do offer a free search option that is basic.
• SEMrush – With this tool you can find out exactly what keywords your competitors are ranking for in Google and get an estimate of how much traffic those keywords can bring in. The free membership allows only a limited number of searches you can perform each 24 hour period.
• Ubersuggest (Neil Patel) is a great free tool. Not only will it provide topic ideas but it will also provide keywords and how they are currently ranking.
The important thing here is to ensure that the topics you choose fit with your content strategy and are focused on helping your target audience or your avatar.
2.Pick a content type
Certain content types may get more traction than others. A recent study found that infographics and list posts received more shares than any other content type. Many readers enjoy infographics with supporting quality content. Lists on the other hand, while they usually don’t have any graphics, generate a lot of activity as well. There are many other content types you can utilize so experimenting with these different types with your readers will help tremendously in ascertaining what content works best for you and your readers.
Now that you’ve decided on a topic and content type, it’s time to think about how you can position your content to stand out from all the rest. More than likely, there is a great deal of content out there that is already talking about something similar. How does your content stand out? By providing irresistible content. Quality content. This could include (but is not limited to) finding a unique angle, include more in-depth content, improving usability by offering a free PDF download or something similar, or just giving away more information such as research studies or product reviews.
4.Write more engaging headlines
This cannot be over emphasized! Why? Because your headline is the first thing your reader sees. It’s been said that on average, five times as many people read the headlines as read the body copy. One thing we can be certain of is that headlines DO matter.
They can either make or break the success of each post you publish.
There are plenty of posts discussing best practices of writing awesome headlines but there are two important factors to remember:
• Your headline is a promise and you should always deliver on that promise
• However you write your headline, it should leave an unanswered question which generates curiosity.
There are also headline writing tools which can help you but the one thing that will serve you best which is the one thing these types of tools can’t replicate.
And that’s … YOU!
Tools Referenced in this video:
Google Trends: https://trends.google.com/
Tools I Use
ClickFunnels – http://danabeckonline.com/clickfunnels
ClickMagick – http://danabeckonline.com/clickmagick
GetResponse – http://danabeckonline.com/getresponse
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
Subscribe ► http://danabeckonline.com/youtube
? More Videos
►Drop Shipping VS Affiliate Marketing: https://youtu.be/Kij0xIR0AVc
►What Are MSI’s? https://youtu.be/81Af8yToJOE
►Earning With Affiliate Marketing: https://youtu.be/uv2HOpXA32k
►5 Quick Hacks to Improve your Click through Rates in 2020: https://youtu.be/oTfr4afyZnQ
►4 Great Email Subject Line Strategies That are effective: https://youtu.be/0nAbmYzEhpI
►3 Keys for Generating Quality Traffic To Your Site: https://youtu.be/VWpUCjDtxQ8
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!